Supercharging Mother Nature's Own Bioremediation Process
100% Natural, Hardy, and Fast-Acting Microbes that Eat Oil, Sludge, Grease, Algae, and More
What is Ultra-Archaea®?
Ultra-Archaea is an archaea-based collection of over one hundred different species of microbes that are cultivated from rugged environments such as undersea vents or sites where there is volcanic activity. They are then cultivated with crude oil as their only food source, ultimately thriving on thousands of organic compounds, from benzene to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
The result is 100% natural, hardy, and fast-acting microbes that have an affinity for oil and other hydrocarbons, as well as organic waste. This specific collection of Ultra-Archaea microbes has not been genetically altered or engineered. They are naturally occurring microbes that have been on the EPA National Contingency List since its inception.
How Does Ultra-Achaea® Work?
Ultra-Archaea microbes efficiently digest hydrocarbons and organic molecules, transforming them into harmless byproducts like carbon, carbon dioxide, and lipids. Introduced to contaminated areas, they rapidly multiply from billions to trillions per gram, remediating oil spills, grease traps, septic systems, and more. After depleting their food source, Ultra-Archaea either die, return to natural levels, or are consumed by other organisms, allowing indigenous microbes to return to pre-contamination levels.
Ultra-Archaea® Compared to Bacteria
Ultra-Archaea and bacteria hail from different life domains. Ultra-Archaea lacks receptors for “phages,” reducing potential risks of virulent gene transfers. It thrives in extreme environments, targeting a wide range of compounds, while bacteria often focus on specific sources like alkanes. Because of its specialization and affinity for hydrocarbons, Ultra-Archaea is a powerful tool for bioremediation, especially for hydrocarbon degradation. Cultivated from places like undersea vents, Ultra-Archaea is 100% natural and unmodified genetically.
Why Choose Ultra-Archaea®?
- Natural – 100% naturally occurring and cultivated, non-GMO, non-pathogenic, non-freeze dried
- Safe – Safe for use around people, plants, and animals—aquatic or land
- Efficient – Five billion microbes per gram, doubles every 20 minutes to trillions
- Effective – In many scenarios, drastically noticeable results appear within hours or days
- Autonomous – Microbe colony declines after 90 days or without essentials, restoring native microbes
- Versatile – Available in shaker form, tablets, booms, bags, and packets, all with a five-year shelf life
Case Study: Protected Wetlands
A leaking pipe in Halifax, MA poured thousands of gallons of kerosene into the wetlands, adjacent to cranberry bogs.
After the initial recovery of 38,000 gallons of surface kerosene, Ultra-Archaea was used in the soil to clean the sensitive environment.
- After 24 hours: Strong kerosene odor eliminated.
- After 56 days: Contaminant levels reduced by 85%
- After 1 year: TPH levels dropped from 310,000 ppm to 21,400 ppm
- After 5 years: Full recovery with no detectible contaminants
Case Study: Sugar Production Plant
The world’s largest sugar production plant, located in Egypt, processes upwards of 2M lbs. of sugar beets per day and generates an estimated 1.2M gallons of wastewater daily.
In one of its primary lagoons, the plant needed to get chemical oxygen demand (COD) and biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) below 5,000 mg/L and 1,000 mg/L respectively.
Ultra-Archaea was deployed to treat the wastewater, resulting in a 97-98% decrease in both COD and BOD over a six-week period. The water was then able to be used safely for irrigation—something that is extremely important in this desert region.